Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Whole Class Journals - Pinterest Idea!

Today I made some "Whole Class Journals" based on an idea I saw on Pinterest. I thought these would be a great addition to my writing centers. I purchased the notebooks for 17 cents each at Meijer! Then I came up with six journal prompts that students could answer (some multiple times) during the school year.

1 - Book Review
2 - Movie Review
3 - Fun Vacation Spot
4 - If I Had One Wish...
5 - My Pet
6 - My Hobbies

I am going to put these in a bucket along with some stickers. When a student finishes a journal entry, they can choose a sticker to stick on the front of the journal. The students will be able to see which journals are popular and which need to be written in! The students can also read and comment on each other's prompts. I write the first prompt in the journal to model what a good paragraph looks like. I thought that maybe I could raffle these off at the end of the school year or keep them for future classes to read.

Anyway, just a fun, cheap, and easy way to incorporate some more writing into center time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!