Saturday, July 7, 2012

Quilt Therapy

In addition to teaching summer school, taking two grad classes to finish my master's, completing a 3-week internship for my masters, finishing my portfolio to graduate, revamping areas of the 4th grade website, previewing a new math curriculum for next year, and planning out my new classroom, I need an outlet!!!!

That outlet is sewing...

I sew a lot in the summer because it clears my mind and I think because I have a little bit more freedom with staying up late and sleeping in, my creativity takes over.  I like to make several quilts in the summer and then leave binding (which is hand sewn) for the fall and winter...gives me something to do when Sunday = all day football.

Here is my creation I finished today - I just LOVE the colors and I think the quilt just screams summer.  I don't have a back for it yet - sometimes I like to make the front of the quilt and then see what inspires me once it is finished.  

On another note, It has finally cooled off in Chicago...after several days of 100+ degree heat we finally have the smell of rain in the air and a cool evening breeze...maybe inspiration to continue sewing today! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!