Friday, July 6, 2012

Brain Breaks!

I use Brain Breaks in my classroom several times a day.  These breaks help keep my kids focused, on-task, and help create a positive climate in my classroom.  The fact is, many kids don't just enjoy these breaks, they NEED these breaks.  Here are some resources you can use to incorporate Brain Breaks in your classroom:



I came up with this system at the end of last school year.  I would randomly chose a student to roll a die, and then the class would participate in that brain break.  "Boom Chicka Boom" and "Flee Fly Flo" are tongue twisters/chants that I taught my students.  I can post videos of these once school starts again.  "Your Choice" ideas include playing "air instruments" during a song, playing freeze dance, etc. 
What Break Breaks do you use in your classroom?  Please share your ideas - I'd love to hear them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!